Objective: To secure a technical role in a forward-thinking company where I can use my creativity and critical thinking skills to solve problems, develop applications, share knowledge, and further refine my skill set.
Education: Harrisburg Area Community College, Associate Degree in Web Development, Expected Dec. 2023
Oregon State University, currently working towards a B.S. in Computer Science
Experience: I have been developing websites and relatively small applications for two decades as a hobbyist and freelance developer. You can see some specific examples on my Projects Page. Below is a summary of all my skills.
- Web Development & Design
- Overview: My strongest skill set is in web design, development, and related technologies. I can prototype UIs, develop business logic, and use a large suite of APIs, services, and software.
- Known CMSes
- Joomla!: I have been creating websites with Joomla for well over a decade, starting when I was in middle school. I know how to develop custom templates, plugins, modules, and components.
- WordPress: I can develop websites with WordPress and am familiar with all the latest features.
- Elementor: I know how to use Elementor and the essential addons package to quickly design brochure-style SMB websites. You may view some examples on my Gallery page.
- ACF: I can use ACF to simplify creation of custom fields and post types.
- Gutenberg/FSE: I know how to use the newer block editing tools and full site editor. Additionally, I can create custom blocks as needed.
- Shopify: I know how to use Shopify, setup products, inventory, payments, etc. I also know how to customize the templates and use metafields.
- Known Frameworks:
- CSS: Bootstrap and Tailwind
- JS: React, NextJS
- Relevant Tools/Software Known: I enjoy experimenting with a lot different software and services.
- Design Software: Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma,
- Programming Software: VS Code, Visual Studio, IntelliJ Suite, NodeJS, SASS
- Testing and Deployment: Git, SQL Workbench, Postman
- Hosting and Cloud: AWS Lightsail, CloudFlare, Cloudways, LAMP/XAMPP Stack, Vercel
- Misc Skills: Accessible/ADA Compliant Design, Responsive Design, Performance Optimization, Managing VPS/Hosting, Basic DB Admin, SEO with standard metadata and OpenGraph
- Graphic Design and UI
- Overview: I love art. I have experience with both raster and vector graphics. I can create logos, icons, and other graphics. I can also create UI mockups and prototypes. I can turn prototypes into working code. Check out some examples on my Gallery page
- Areas of Interest: UI Design, Compositing, Creating Infographics and Landscape Scenery
- Skills: Basic animation skills. Basic working knowledge of Blender, C4D, and 3D modeling.
- Relevant Software Known: Photoshop, Illustrator, Blender, DIA, Visio, Adobe XD, Canva
- Software Development
- Overview: I have experience with many design paradigms and languages. I quickly learn new APIs and development technologies. You can view some of my active projects on GitHub.
- Areas of Interest: Open source software, Game development, business applications, E-Learning solutions, Joomla extensions, AI
- Relevant Skills: I am very familiar with Object Oriented Design. I have strong math skills.
- Relevant Tools Known: Visual Studio, Git and GitHub, VS Code, IntelliJ Suite, Copilot
- Technical Writing, Training, Content Production
- Overview: I enjoy writing and producing excellent documentation. I have extensive experience writing technical documentation and training materials. You can read some of the 100+ article's I've written at KevinsGuides.com. I have also developed training videos which you can view on my YouTube channel. My feedback is largely positive. I present information in a concise manner.
Communication: I am a strong written and verbal communicator. I excel at conveying information and giving presentations. That said, I don't talk for the sake of talking.
Teamwork: I work well on teams but can be very self-reliant if needed. I strive to contribute my best while remaining friendly, respectful, and approachable on any subject. I pride myself on my professionalism.
Time Management: I am able to work efficiently and manage time well. I know how to prioritize tasks based on urgency and I strive to meet deadlines.